Information you need to know
- Cars can be hired from a minimum of 3 days. Extra days can be added.
- Vehicle Hire is from 8am the Day you Pick Up the Car.
- Vehicles must be returned to us by 8am the day after your Return Date.
- Hire is from 8am until 8am the following day.
- The car hire rates quoted are typical rates for these type of vehicles and may be subject to change.
- Vehicles can not be hired to drivers under 25 years or over 69 years of age.
- Other car may be offered subject to availability.
- Rates include the first 125 miles of car hire for free (fuel not included), thereafter 15p per hire mile will be charged or you can opt for £10 unlimited mileage charge at time of booking.
- Rate includes insurance and RAC cover.
- The deposit of £50 must be paid in cash.
- Credit and Debit cards accepted, cash can not be accepted for the balance of the hire.
- Please view full list of Terms and Conditions, prior to hiring a car from us.
What you need to hire a car from us
When you hire a car from Bishop Auckland Car and Van Hire, you will be asked for evidence of what vehicles you can drive or confirmation of any penalty points.
You can request a unique code from www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk which allows you to share your driving licence details or you can download a summary of your driving licence record. You will also be required to bring your Photo Driving License and your National Insurance Number when you hire your vehicle.
The code lasts for up to 21 days and will enable us to make any necessary checks.
Please do not generate the code more than 21 days in advance of your vehicle hire.
If you cannot generate a code online then you can call 0300 083 0013 and the DVLA will provide you with a code. Alternatively, you can call DVLA on 0300 790 6801 and leave permission for your driving record to be checked verbally by Bishop Auckland Car and Van Hire.